Thursday, February 28, 2013

Thoughtful Thursday: My response to your response to my reponse



My response to your response to my response
is that we can’t keep having this conversation
again
and
again
dragging like heavy stones
over tall mountains
it’s senseless
it’s hurtful
it’s for the best

My response told you that
your response couldn’t mean anything to me
anymore
it’s the same old door that we keep
opening and slamming shut
and folding over in endless loads
of durtee lawndree

Your response made me think about crying
but instead I said, “I’ll think about it.”
and turned away
we used to say the right words once
to answer all the wrong questions
now we say the wrong ones
to answer the things we should
have asked before

So my response to yours is that
I can’t listen any longer
to what you have to say

Your response
might be to push me down
pull me closer
solve our grievances with
love,
not words,
but dear

My response is there’s no more love
only fears left between us
these days
and the only thing left
is to let our silence speak our words.








No comments: